Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ruden"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Yachtwerft Nadlo, Berlin, GER|
|Length (hull):||13.65 m|
|Sail area:||150 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 22 Dec 2003
- launched 1940 in Berlin Spandau (part of Berlin) at the shipyard Yachtwerft Nadlo.
- used by the German Army probably as a leisure boat or yacht, (Heeresversuchsanstalt Peenemünde, in Peenemünde at the Baltic Sea the Germans developed weapons with rocket propulsion).
- 1945 confiscated by the Russian Army.
- since about 1950 used as a pilot boat in Rostock Warnemünde and later between the mainland and island Ruden, a tiny island with a lightfire on the East German Baltic Sea coast.
- since 1985 used for private purposes, rigged as a schooner then, (no information what rigg she had or if she was rigged before).
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 155 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data