Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Shamrock"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelketsch, Galeasse|
|Overall length:||42.00 m|
|Length (hull):||28.35 m|
|Sail area:||450 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Scania DSI 11|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Dec 2002
- built under the name "Ewald" in Vlaardingen, NED in 1915.
- used as a fishing vessel in the North Sea until 1929.
- 1929 sold to Hällevik in Blekinge, SWE and rebuilt to a cargo vessel at the shipyard Sölvesborgs Varv.
- 1969 sold to Birkagården Stockholm and converted to sailing schoolship, renamed the "Shamrock".
- 1980 transferred to Skeppsholmsgården, each summer she sails 2 fourweeks long sailtraining voyages, to Norrland and Skåne in Sweden.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 210 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact