Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Carrie of Camaret"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Carrie of Camaret|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||M. Cornec, Camaret, FRA|
|Overall length:||27.40 m|
|Sail area:||288 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Apr 2005
- built in France in 1947, used in the crayfish trade between France and Mauritania.
- after a mayor refitting and re-rigging she was used for film work starting in 1986.
- purchased by Roger Barton, used as a private charter vessel sailing the waters between England and Ireland, the Channel often calling the Channel Islands and in French coastal waters.
- lost in June 2003, she was chartered for the Irish reality TV show "Cabin Fever" and sailed around the island of Ireland, crashed into rocks near Tory Island off Ireland's northwest coast. The reason for this acciedent probably was human failure (tiredness).
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 149 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data