Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Solglimt"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Danske Jagt (Dänische Jagt)|
|Yard:||H. Michaelsen & C. Jørgensen, Sønderborg, DK|
|Overall length:||15.00 m|
|Length (hull):||11.20 m|
|Sail area:||94 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||4-Zyl. Ford 2712E Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Nov 2014
- built in 1979 at the shipyard H. Michaelsen & C. Jørgensen, Sønderborg, DK by the first owner carpenter 'Calle' J. Jørgensen, design by Knud E. Hansen on the base of updated drawings of a jagt from 1850.
- first owner registered her in Sønderborg, later in Egernsund until she was sold in 2001 to Klaus and Hilde Lorenzen, registration of the ship in Hamburg, GER.
- 2002 fitting of a bow anchor and winch to be handled manually.
- 2006 minor changes of the rigg.
- exclusively private use for voyages, 2002 Oslofjord, 2003 Stockholm, 2004 Limfjord, South-Norway and participation in the anual meeting Forbundet Kysten in Sandefjord, 2005 shallow coastal waters of the Southern Baltic See, Stettin, 2006 North-Norway (Tromsø) and participation in the anual meeting Forbundet Kysten in Bodø, 2007 Lofoten Islands, 2008 English Channel, North-Brittany, 2009 English Channel, South-Brittany.
- 2013 sold to W. Haack from Neustadt, GER.
- name "Solglimt" means ray of the sun.