Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fortuna"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Spreizgaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Schierhorn, Hohenfelde-Niederelbe, GER|
|Overall length:||17.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.50 m|
|Sail area:||90 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Mercedes OM 352|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Jan 2013
- built 1928 at the shipyard Schierhorn in Neuenfelde, GER, as fishing cutter for catching crabs on the lower Elbe, low draught enabled to fall dry at low water without big heelings.
- in the 1950/60s registered in Danmark.
- restored at the shipyard Böbs in Travemünde, GER after change of the owner to the Hagen brothers (Bad Oldesloe, GER).
- since 1976 fitted with a wishbone rig as a ketch with a 5t ballast keel.
- 1998 taken over by the prof Conradi, Lübeck-Gothmund, GER.
- 2008 sold to the owner group Nils Bundgard-Löbber from TSA-Arhus, DK.