Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Cala Millor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Antonio Matutes, Outlaw, Jola|
|Registered port:||Las Palmas|
|Type of rigging:||BRIGANTINE|
|Yard:||Astilleros Naviera Mallorquina, Palma de Mallorca, SPAIN|
|Overall length:||39.60 m|
|Length (hull):||33.50 m|
|Sail area:||600 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- a former merchant Majorca schooner produced in a traditional wood design and sailed in the Mediterranean, name was "Cala Millo"
- until 1965 owned by the Naviera Mallorquina, after that owned by the Hijos de Abel Matutes Torres Sa, Ibiza, renamed to "Antonio Matutes"
- sold to Malta in 1974 and refitted as a staysail schooner for charter trips, renamed to "Outlaw" ("Hors la Loi")
- 1977 bought by the German "Sozialwerk Jugendschiff Corsar e.V." from Cuxhaven and mostly used to rehabilitate young offenders until 1988
- participation in the Tall Ships Race in 1980, 1982, 1984 and 1986 in the North and Baltic Seas
- rerigged as a brigantine schooner in 1982
- owned by a social group from Bremen, Germany and used as a floating drug advice center from 1988, renamed to "Jola"
- 1996 sold to the Circum Navegaciones association,
- general overhaul, she lies in Torredembarra on the Spanish Eastern coast near Barcelona, should be used in the Mediterranean, renamed in "Cala Millo", she is still under St. Vincent flag, but she is planed to be Spanish again
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(9. aktualisierte Auflage)
Page: 91 Source with history Source with technical data
Beken of Cowes, Eric C. Abranson
"Segelschiffe der Welt"
Edition Maritim 1995 ISBN: 3-89225-314-5
(engl. Originalausgabe: "Sailing Ships of the World", 1992, Thomas Reed Publications Ltd.)
Page: 150 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact