Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Alexander T"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||East Cowes|
|Base port:||East Cowes Marina|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter|
|Yard:||Covey Island Boatworks, Petite Reviere, CAN|
|Overall length:||21.33 m|
|Length (hull):||15.84 m|
|Sail area:||180 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz, Epoxy|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Mar 2021
- designed on the model of the English pilot cutters by Nigel Irens Design and Ed Burnett, built by Covey Island Boatworks in Petite Riviere, Nova Scotia, lauched on the La Have river in Canada.
- sailed along the South Shore of Nova Scotia during the summer of 1998, then crossed the Atlantic to Cowes, Isle of Wight.
- visited Ireland and France in 1999 as a preparation of the crew for the Tall Ships 2000 races organized by the International Sail Training Association (ISTA).
- participation in the Tall Ships 2000 race from Plymouth to Cadiz, Bermuda, Boston and Halifax and the return to Amsterdam.
- 2001 sailing trips in the English Channel, participated the Cutty Sark Tallships Race Antwerp-Alesund-Bergen-Esbjerg, competed in the America's Cup 150th Jubilee Regatta and took part in the International Festival of the Sea and the Old Gaffers Regatta in Portsmouth.
- based on the Isle of Wight she usually sails with small groups of young people on weeklong voyages, to give the crew a taste for managing the force of nature through a sea adventure.
- renamed the "Alexander T".
- 2021 berth in Barcelona, Spain; was for sail.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com