Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Floryn"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||Yacht (Maine Trading Schooner Design)|
|Yard:||D.B.Marine, Essex, UK|
|Overall length:||22.00 m|
|Length (hull):||17.25 m|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||4 Zyl. Ford Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 2001
- built by the private yacht builder D.B.Marine in Essex, UK, after the design of the Maine Trading Coastal Schooners by Murray G Peterson, in 1998.
- sailing of charter trips in the English south coast and Ireland during the summer of 1999, in the autumn she sailed to Spain and the Canary Islands, from there via the Cape Verde Islands to Antigua in the West Indies, charter work up and down the islands.
- participated the Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta in April 2000.
- return to Europe crossing the Atlantic Ocean, cruising in the Azores followed by the passage to Portugal, after a thorough check over whilst varnish and paintwork are being attended she sailed to Plymouth, UK.
- "Floryn" is a classic gaff schooner suitable for worldwide cruising, charter or sail training, for sale since 2001.