Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Pauline"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Jekt|
|Yard:||Nils Ovesen, Nordsileiret, Steinkjer, NOR|
|Sail area:||239 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta TMD 100A|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Nov 2001
- built 1897 by Nils Ovesen in Nordsileiret, Steinkjer, NOR.
- used by Olaf Berg and Anton Letnes from Norwegen as "Pauline" until 1915.
- registered between 1915 and about 1950 under the name "Nævra" in Steinkjer, NOR, owner was Julius Sand.
- sold to Alberg Garnvik from Trondheim, NOR, who owned the "Nævra" until 1972.
- 1952 converted to a motor coaster, until 1978 used as cargo-ship.
- 1979 the "Nævra" came to the Steinkjer Museum, restoring of the ship between 1980-86, renamed the "Pauline" in 1984.
Contact:Website (norsk, 02 Mar 2011):
Jekta Pauline: website of the ship with data, history, contact address, some photos, friendship association, activities