Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Elegant"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||Duivendijk, Lekkerkerk, NL|
|Overall length:||37.80 m|
|Sail area:||440 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Apr 2021
- built as a cargo ship in 1889 at the shipyard of Duivendijk in Lekkerkerk, NL on order of the Blom family, first name was "Elisabeth".
- transport of agricultural products from Burghsluis and coal from the families coal trading company in Burghaamstede.
- fitted with the first engine in the 1950s.
- renamed the "Geertrude" and used for the transport of building materials to 's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch) and Eindhoven until 1994.
- 1994 converted by Gotse van der Velde to a luxurious 2-masted clipper complying with the highest requirements of the Maritime Inspection Authority.
- specially designed for navigation in the Baltic Sea her baseport is Kiel, GER working in the charter business she often visits maritime events like the Hanse Sail in Rostock and the Kieler Woche.
- since 2020 operated by Rederij van Linschoten
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch/nederlands, 11 Apr 2021):
Elegant: website with all charter info of the operator, photos, history, data, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 246 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 73 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data