Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Lotos"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Haugland, Sonnodd, Mo, Laredo, Red Herring|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Isaac Figee, Vlaardingen, NL|
|Overall length:||36.00 m|
|Length (hull):||27.00 m|
|Sail area:||446 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 29 May 2021
- built 1910 as a saillugger in Vlaardingen, launched on May 4th, 1910.
- used for fishing herring in the North Sea until 1929 using only sail power and a donkey winch to haul in the nets.
- after years laid up she came to Norway in 1939, where she was fitted with an engine and used as a freighter in the fjords; carried the names "Lotos", "Haugland", "Sonnodd", "Mo", "Laredo" and "Red Herring".
- 1993 return to the Netherlands, restoration by her Dutsch owners since 1996, renamed "Lotos".
- participated the Sail Antwerp and the Cutty Sark Tall Ships Race 2001, Sail Brest/Douarnenez 2004 and 2008.
- sold in autumn 2009, privately used then.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com