Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Bornrif"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Botter|
|Yard:||Kok, Muiden, NL|
|Overall length:||17.00 m|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Aug 2001
- built as a yacht at Kok in Muiden in 1914, the shiptype is a so-called botter from the North Sea, hull is made of steel
- since 1917 used as a fishing boat, 1917-18 registered as HZ84 in Muiden, 1918-26 as YM96 in Ijmuiden, after that homeported in Klundert under registration number KL50
- removal of her rigging and used as a fishing boat under engine power
- later used as a living boat in Amsterdam
- 1988 rebuilt and converted for sailing with passengers, built up of the rigging again
- she principally sails the Dutch mudflat waters and in the Ijsselsea
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 55 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data