Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Sionnachan"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter|
|Yard:||J.W. & A. Upham, Brixham, GBR|
|Sail area:||43 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Aug 2001
- built 1950 at the shipyard of Stuart Uphams in Brixham, in the period between 1947 and 1956 several ships between 30 feet with similar design were built here as leisure boats.
- plans were drawn by the brother of Stuart Uphams, who was ship designer and modeled her after popular and contemporary yacht designs (Harrison Butler), but also own designs of pilot cutters.
- hull is made of larch planks on oak frames, the rigging was originally a gaff cutter.
- brought from England to Germany in 1986.
- she had several owners over the years, before the shipfriend M. Schulz from Flensburg/GER purchased her in 2000.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 06 Mar 2022):
Sionnachan: a photo website of the ship