Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Valkyrien"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Danske Jagt|
|Yard:||Albert Clausen, Bandholm, DK|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1921 at the shipyard of Albert Clausen in Bandholm, DK; fitted with an 1 Cyl. Bolinder engine and a wheel house at the stern; registration for Christian Hansen Carstensen in Kragenæs, DK for the first 20 years.
- usage for the domestic transport of cargo, like timber, fruit and grain between the islands and mainland, often to Copenhagen, DK.
- 1941 sold to Hans Albek Jensen and transferred to Bandholm, DK.
- used for fishing stones and the transport of sand from the traffic lanes of the habour, as well as the transport of goods of ships that were to big to come into the habour.
- 1961 sold to Svend Aage Nielsen, registration in Nakskov, DK.
- 1978 sold and transferred to Horsens, DK; bad maintainance led to a poor condition of the ship.
- 1980 for sale as scrap in Grenaa, DK; purchased by Lene and Peter Leth, brought into the shipyard of Hobro, DK; begin of a multi-year restoration in 1983, converted for the charter business with sailing guests, since 2006 offer of sailing voyages starting in Hobro, DK.
- participation in events for traditional sailing ships in the Baltic Sea, like the Rumregatta Flensburg, Limfjorden Rundt or Fyn Rundt.
Contact:Website (dansk, 22 Feb 2014):
Jagt Valkyrien: history and basic measurements, charter information, photos, contact