Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Kajama"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||3-Mast-Gaffelschoner|
|Yard:||Nobiskrug Werft, Rendsburg, GER|
|Overall length:||50.30 m|
|Length (hull):||43.30 m|
|Sail area:||670 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Jan 2001
- launched at the Nobiskrug shipyard in Rendsburg, Germany in 1930, christened "Wilfried"
- she has traded to ports from Northwest Spain, through western Europe, and as far north as Norway and Russia under sail and engine power
- after years of successful trading converted for use as a strictly diesel-powered trader
- before she was retired and broken up she was delivered transatlantic by Great Lakes Schooner Company and restored to her original profile in 1999, restoration and re-fit with guidance of historic drawings and photos, information from former crew and drawings provided by the original builders, conversion from a freighter to a passenger carrying vessel
- available for daysail on Lake Ontario (Great Lakes) and parties
Contact:Website (English, 12 Sep 2000):
Kajama: website of the operator with photos, contact address and offers for sailing on board
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
American Sail Training Association (ASTA)
"Sail Tall Ships! A Directory of Sail Training and Adventure at Sea"
2000 ISBN: 0-9636483-5-7
Page: 155 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact