Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Tre Hjärtan"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Maj, Gunnel af Borgå|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Overall length:||35.00 m|
|Length (hull):||24.23 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 31 May 2002
- "Gunnel af Borgå" was built in 1946 as a wooden galeas.
- used as a freighter until 1966, mainly between Finland and Sweden.
- 1988 purchased by Martin and Svante Olsson from Halmstad, SWE who started a restoration of the ship.
- has been used in the charter business since mid of 1990s, lays in front of the castle Halmstad Slott.
- renamed the "Tre Hjärtan" (Three Hearts)
Contact:Website (på svenska, 11 May 2005):
Tre Hjärtan: website of the ship with offers for sailing on board, many photos, infos about her history, technical specification, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact