Ship profile for the sailing ship: "AE7-Stadt Emden"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Base port:||Emder Ratsdelft|
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Type of ship:||Heringslogger|
|Overall length:||24.02 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Jan 2001
- the town Emden has an extensive tradition in the fishery of herring, this logger is a swimming evidence of that eventful period
- built 1908 at the shipyard in Vlaardingen/NL, used for fishing herrings for Dutch owners
- since 1931 used as a sailing freighter in Norway along the coast, main transport good was cement, fitted with an auxiliary engine 1950
- 1977 she came to Bremerhaven, rebuilding and used as a restaurant
- 1987 she was given to the association "Arbeitskreis Logger e.V." from Emden, restored after plans from the Visserijmuseum Vlaardingen/NL until 1995, after completion she was renamed to "AE 7-Stadt Emden"
- used as a permanently moored museum ship with exhibitions about the history and the fishery of herring in Emden
Contact:Website (deutsch, 01 Jan 2001):
Heringslogger AE7-Stadt Emden: photos, history about the hering loggers, contact address, opening and prices of the museum
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 60 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
(unter Namen "Emden" (AE 7))