Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Dana"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter|
|Yard:||P. Poulsen, Lemvig, DK|
|Overall length:||15.00 m|
|Length (hull):||11.90 m|
|Sail area:||110 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Feb 2022
- built 1931 at the shipyard of P. Poulsen in Lemvig/DK, first name was "Dana", the cutter was used in the fishery at the Danish West coast and North Sea (Hvidesande, Torsminde, Klitboen).
- renamed to "Tora".
- 1962 sold to Limhamn/SWE, up to 1978 she was owned by S. Melin Persson from Sweden, renamed to "Donna".
- 1978 bought by shipowner Sibenhaar, she returned to the Danish flag, used in Puerto d'Andratx, Mallorca, as a living ship most of the time then.
- sold to Helsingör and in 1994 sold to a group of owners from Hamburg who restored the ship at Christian Jonsson in Egernsund/DK in 2004/05, new sails in 2005.
- 2006-2014 private use in Denmark, registerred in Kolding.
- since 2014 registerred in Kiel/GER under her former name "Dana", privately used, participation in the Rumregatta in Flensburg/GER and regatta and sailing festival for Hajkutters in Nysted/DK.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 47 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data