Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Mytilus"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Alice FRI17, Harmattan|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter|
|Yard:||Dawartz Werft, Tönning, GER|
|Overall length:||19.72 m|
|Length (hull):||14.12 m|
|Sail area:||135 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Feb 2022
- built at the Dawartz shipyard in Tönning on the river Eider in 1939, used to fish shrimps in the North Sea, first name was "Alice", carried the license number FRI17 for Friedrichskoog, GER.
- decommissioned in 1975, since 1975 she was privately used under the name "Harmattan".
- 1986 bought by the association "Mytilus", after two years in service they wanted to repair some smaller things, hence it follows that a general overhaul of the hull was quite necessary, change of the name to "Mytilus".
- the "Mytilus" association maintains and operates the ship, it is used for their youth work, she lies in the museum port Oevelgönne in Hamburg.
- 1999 voyage to Sweden and the Western archipelago.
- 2000 voyage to North Denmark and to Sweden.
- 2001 sailing in the Baltic Sea visiting Gotland and Stockholm.
- 2002 sailing voyages in the Baltic Sea.
- 2008 voyages to the archipelago of Western Sweden, passing of the Göta channel.
- 2009 tour to Sweden and Norway.
- 2010 fitted with new sails, after sailing trips on the German Baltic Sea coast (Flensburg, Kiel, Wismar, Stralsund, Greifswald) to Sweden (Bornholm, Nyköping, Stockholm), then return to the German Baltic Sea coast with tours to Denmark and back to Hamburg.
- 2011 after trips in German/Danish coastal areas of the Baltic Sea voyage in direction to Gothenburg and Uddevalla in Sweden, in the autumn more trips in the Baltic Sea.
- 2012 journey via the German Baltic Sea coast to Ystad/SWE and Gotland/SWE and on to Estonia, return journey via Åland to Sweden, Stockholm and on to Hamburg.
- 2013 trip to Sweden with Västervik as the northernmost destination, on the way back intermediate destination Lübeck/GER and trips in the Western Baltic Sea.
- 2014 sailings along the Swedish coast and to Denmark, Little Belt.
- 2015 along the German Baltic Sea coast to Greifswald, islands Usedom, Hiddensee, Rügen.
- 2016 collision with a sailing yacht required repairs in Maasholm/DK, afterwards sailing trip to the Åland Islands in the Baltic Sea.
- 2017 summer trip to the west coast of Sweden, through the Trollhättan Canal to Lake Vänern.
- 2018 after annual overhauls trips in the Baltic Sea to the Greifswald Bay, tours between Bornholm/DK and Greifswald/GER and between Hiddensee/GER and Swinemünde/PL.
- 2019 after a training trip to Helgoland and the island of Amrum, habour birthday in Hamburg, transfer to the Baltic Sea and participation in the Rumregatta Flensburg sailing trips at the west coast of Sweden and on Lake Vänern.
- 2020 due to the Corona Pandemic in Hamburg/GER without guests on board.
- 2021 shortened sailing summer on the Baltic Sea around the island of Rügen.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 26 Feb 2022):
Mytilus, historical sailing ship for scouts: chronical of the operator and technical specification, her using concept, photos, reports of voyages, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 26-27 Source with picture Source with history
"25 Jahre MYTILUS"