Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Mytilus"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Alice FRI17, Harmattan|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter|
|Yard:||Dawartz Werft, Tönning, GER|
|Overall length:||19.72 m|
|Length (hull):||14.12 m|
|Sail area:||135 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Dec 2009
- built at the Dawartz shipyard in Tönning on the river Eider in 1939, used to fish shrimps in the North Sea, first name was "Alice", carried the license number FRI17 for Friedrichskoog, GER.
- decommissioned in 1975, since 1975 she was privately used under the name "Harmattan".
- 1986 bought by the association "Mytilus", after two years in service they wanted to repair some smaller things, hence it follows that a general overhaul of the hull was quite necessary, change of the name to "Mytilus".
- the "Mytilus" association maintains and operates the ship, it is used for their youth work, she lies in the museum port Oevelgönne in Hamburg.
- 1999 voyage to Sweden and the Western archipelago.
- 2000 voyage to North Denmark and to Sweden.
- 2001 sailing in the Baltic Sea visiting Gotland and Stockholm.
- 2002 sailing voyages in the Baltic Sea.
- 2008 voyages to the archipelago of Western Sweden, passing of the Göta channel.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 02 Aug 2000):
Mytilus, historical sailing ship for scouts: chronical of the operator and technical specification, her using concept, photos and pictures, reports of voyages, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 26-27 Source with picture Source with history
"25 Jahre MYTILUS"