Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Martha"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Helge, Andreas, K. Hay|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Lindtners Værft, Vejle, DK|
|Length (hull):||20.64 m|
|Sail area:||335 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 15 Jun 2009
- built at the Lindtners Verft in Vejle, Denmark; launched 1900.
- 1923 fitted with an engine.
- owned and operated by the Schooner Martha Society (in Danish: Foreningen til Skonnerten Marthas Restaurering), sailing with guests.
- sunk in July 2004 on her way from Frederikshavn to Svendborg near the island Anholt in the Kattegat during a storm caused by a leak, two sailors lost their lifes, raised later and laid up for repair work, restored in Vejle, Denmark.
- since July 2007 she is operated again as active sailing veteran ship.
Contact:Website (dansk, 05 Apr 2021):
Schooner Martha: website of the operator, her history and old as well as new photos, sailing offers, contact address