Ship profile for the sailing ship: "American Rover"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Overall length:||41.10 m|
|Length (hull):||29.90 m|
|Sail area:||480 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Ford Lehman Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 24 Oct 2000
- 3-masted schooner that also can set a triagle topsail (raffee topsail) at the foremast
- she has an extensive day-sail schedule out of her homeport in downtown Norfolk, in addition to educational field trips for students,
- fully Coast Guard inspected for safety
- her design was inspired by 19th century cargo schooners, yet she possesses the modern amenities that assure a comfortable cruise
Contact:Website (English, 25 Sep 2000):
American Rover, Norfolk's Signature Sailing Ship: about the Rover, cruise schedule, educational programs and group charter
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
American Sail Training Association (ASTA)
"Sail Tall Ships! A Directory of Sail Training and Adventure at Sea"
2000 ISBN: 0-9636483-5-7
Page: 58 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Tall Ships - the Fleet of the 21th Century"
Tide-Mark Press, East Hartford 2000 ISBN: 1-55949-551-0
Page: 21 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 360 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data