Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Connie"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelkutter|
|Yard:||Christian Madsen, Lynæs Bådebyggeri, DK|
|Overall length:||17.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.00 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||1 Zyl. Hundested Glühkopfmotor|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 04 Apr 2021
- built 1939 by shipbuilder Christian Madsen as Danish fishing cutter (Lynæs-Kutteren) of the Baltic Sea, registered on Ærø, DK.
- 25 years used in the fishery with nets in the Kattegat, in WWII mainly under sails, though she was fitted with an hot-bulb engine, later equipped for trawling with engine.
- after 40 years decomissioned and laid up in Sejerø Havn, DK.
- in autumn 1981 moved and registerred in Ærøskøbing, DK; begin of her major restoration
- after this she is used in sparetime for sailing in the Baltic Sea, participation in Danish and German sailing ship events.