Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Viking"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Zollkreuzer|
|Yard:||F. N. Hansen, Odense, DK|
|Length (hull):||13.71 m|
|Sail area:||115 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Sep 2000
- built by F.N. Hansen in Odense/DK as a customer`s ship in 1897
- 1904 sold to Helsingborg/SWE, rebuilt to a yacht and privately used
- 1916 sold to Esbjerg/DK, the intended conversion to a fishing-boat was not realized
- 1917 bought by the new owner Müller Petersen from Svendborg, who privately used the ship, the last owner of the Peterson family intended to burn down the ship first after her death but the she changed her opinion and gave the ship to the Svendborg Museum
- 1979 change of the ship to the Svendborg Museum