Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Britta"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Singapore, Stenskär, Globetrotter|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Hälleviksstrand, Orust, SWE|
|Overall length:||33.00 m|
|Length (hull):||24.75 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl Volvo Penta TD 120|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Apr 2011
- originally a fishing boat for trawling ling ('långa' in Swedish) in the Northern Atlantic, 1956-63 property of Gustav from Röd, SWE, who christened her after the name of his daughter.
- 1963 sold to Tony Jansson, until 1985 used in the North Atlantic.
- registered as "Singapore" in Simrishamn, SWE; since 1987 used in the fishery in the Baltic Sea.
- decommissioned from the fishery, rebuilt and used for leisure purposes under the name "Globetrotter".
- 1992 purchased by the Uddevalla Maritima Förening, the hull was completely cleaned up and rebuilt and new interior, deck was added, rigged as a ketch.
- in 1996 she sailed for the first time, she is used for sail training today.
Contact:Website (på svenska, 03 Apr 2011):
T/S Britta: info about the vessel, sailing on board, photos, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 66 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact