Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ana"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Colin Archer|
|Yard:||Hanse-Werft, Handewitt, GER|
|Overall length:||15.70 m|
|Length (hull):||12.00 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Sep 2000
- her building started in 1994, drawings by Colin Archer, modeled after the "Mignon", a cutter from 1889, that even sails today
- 1994 keel was laid, begin of building the hull and planks in 1996, 1998 building of the mast, after that sealing and the cabin was built
- the ship was personally built after the lines by Colin Archer but with modern material and modern techniques
- she entered the water in August 1999 in Flensburg
- her name "Ana" is the Spanish form of the name "Anne", the daughter of the first owner
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 25-29 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Der Colin Archer Ana"