Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Shtandart"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||St. Petersburg|
|Type of rigging:||FREGATTE|
|Yard:||St. Petersburg Maritime Education Centre|
|Overall length:||34.50 m|
|Length (hull):||25.40 m|
|Sail area:||660 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||2 * 250 PS Volvo Penta TAMD|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 27 Jul 2000
- replica of the frigate "Shtandart" the flagship of Tsar Peter the Great built 1703 on British Admirality lines
- project is beared by the Maritime Education Centre in St. Petersburg, an organisation dedicated to training young Russians in the traditional skills of wooden shipbuilding and the handling of sailing ships, the project has the support by the Russian and British gouvernments and there has been help from The Netherlands and a lot of donors and sponsors
- keel laid in November 1994 on the site of an old naval dockyard on the banks of the river Neva, some oak used for the frames, was donated by the City of St. Petersburg, sails and rigging are made of synthetic materials but of authentic appearance, she will have two engines and modern accommodation for around 35 crew, christened on May 30 1998 and is now being fitted out
- date of launch was on September 4 1999, during the winter and spring of 2000 she will be completed, maiden voyage to The Netherlands and Great Britain, she will visit 5 other countries on the way and take part in 5 maritime festivals over the summer months, after that she will be a sail training vessel for young people of all nationalities and she will serve as a museum
- owned and operated by a Russian non-profit making body based in St. Petersburg and in Britain by the Royal Standard of Peter the Great Maritime Educational Trust
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (po russki/English, 16 Feb 2003):
The official website of the Shtandart project with schedule, history, contact address for sponsors, picture gallery and news
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 130 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 317 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 165,274 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data