Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Nordlys"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Frida af Fåborg|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Norwegisches Lachsboot|
|Yard:||N. Bjermeland, Tresfjord/NOR|
|Overall length:||17.70 m|
|Length (hull):||12.65 m|
|Sail area:||130 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Ford Sabb Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Apr 2005
- she is a former fishing-boat built in Norway after English design.
- used to fish salmon and cod on the Norwegian coast up to Spitzbergen.
- originally rigged as a cutter, after decommissioned in 1970 converted to a schooner by a Swedish shiplover from Fåborg on the island Fünen/DK.
- 1972-79 as "Frida Fåborg" in Denmark.
- 1979 sold to owner Armin and Peter Kauth from Flensburg/GER, since 1988 she is rigged as a cutter again.
- run aground at the Danish east coast near Grenå, given up by the owner, a crew from the shipyard Bonnerup Strand salvaged her seriously damaged.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 17 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 142 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data