Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Else af Sletten"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Else af Sletten|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Bornholmer Heringsboot|
|Overall length:||13.00 m|
|Length (hull):||10.00 m|
|Sail area:||50 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||3 Zyl. Bukh Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Jul 2007
- typical herring boat from the island Bornholm, the hull is quite thin under the water line, the forward quarter is more fully, the fishermen used drift nets to catch the fishes
- originally the boat was covered half the lenght and equipped with an auxiliary engine, in the beginning of the 1940s the deck was fully closed and she got a rudder house, fitted with a more powerful engine
- 1970 found in bad condition in Hundested, she was restored after the plans and drawings by Chr. Nielsen for a fishing-boat from Bornholm
- she was based in the museum port of Flensburg/GER
- after several years used by an owner group from Flensburg and Rostock she was sold 2007 to Kappeln, GER
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 60 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 16 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data