Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Petrine"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Edelgaard, Olga, Svenla, Tove Anette, Hejmakej|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||See-Ewer|
|Yard:||Hans Jacobs, Moorrege, Uetersen, GER|
|Overall length:||33.00 m|
|Length (hull):||25.00 m|
|Sail area:||320 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||2 Zyl. Alpha Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 25 May 2000
- built in Moorege on the river Pinnau, a tributary of the river Elbe, in 1909
- sailed the Baltic and North Sea as well as the mouths of the rivers Ems, Weser and Elbe as a 2-masted ship without an engine for 15 years
- after fitted with an auxilary engine she served as freighter, later as coastal cargo vessel without rig
- restored in 1983, reconstruction of the original rigging as a gaff-rigged Sea-Ewer, conversion of the cargo room to cabins for passengers
- sails with youth and adults in the Baltic Sea, along the German and Norwegian coast in the North Sea
Contact:Website (deutsch, 26 May 2021):
Umweltbildungsschiff Petrine: homepage of the organization Bildungswerk "Mensch & Meer" e.V., info about the ship and sailing aboard, photos, contact addresses