Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Tangaroa"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Søren Larsen, Nykøbing Mors, DK|
|Overall length:||25.00 m|
|Length (hull):||18.30 m|
|Sail area:||197 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 May 2000
- built by Søren Larsen in Nykøbing Mors/DK as fishing boat in 1925
- kept fishing the North Sea until 1988
- 1988 found in Esbjerg/DK under the name "Bikea", taken to the Hayling island/South coast of UK then for restoration, restoring the ship and conversion to a charter ship took over 2 years, fitted with new interior, accommodation, rig and deck house, now she meets all the MCA yacht charter regulations
- her name "Tangaroa" is a New Zealand Maori word meaning 'God of the sea'
- she offers charter voyages, team building, management development and sail training today, sailing area is the South coast of the UK, visits to Ireland and France, Channel Islands
- participation in several sailing events and maritime festivals, i.e. The Cowes Week
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 147 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact