Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Nora von Bremerhaven"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Nora von Bremerhaven|
|Type of rigging:||STAGSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Travewerft, Lübeck, GER|
|Overall length:||23.30 m|
|Length (hull):||17.30 m|
|Sail area:||400 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Hentschel / Reintjes|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 05 Feb 2012
- she was built as the first ship after the war at the Travewerft next to Lübeck/GER after plans of a yacht galeass in 1949.
- used for fishing the waters of Chile (San Diego) for 9 years .
- 1965-83 used as a fishing-boat based in Büsum/GER.
- restoring the ship started in 1983 and was organized by the association "Freunde des Schonersegelns", they operate the ship now, offering sailing possebilities for the members.
- sunk 2005, 2008 and 2009 in the habour of Weener, GER caused by her bad maintenance condition, laid up at land in March 2010, broken up in August 2010.