Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Friedrich"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Besanewer|
|Yard:||D. Ropers Witwe, Stade, GER|
|Overall length:||19.55 m|
|Sail area:||188 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||2 Zyl. Modag Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Feb 2016
- built 1910 at the shipyard D. Ropers Witwe in Stade, GER.
- used as cargo vessel to transport building materials over the Baltic Sea and North Sea.
- after WW II in 1947 registerred in Hechthausen, GER; purchased by Diedrich Schnackenberg, mainly used for the transport of heating materials (coal) and building materials (cement) between Hamburg and Hemmoor, since 1948 transport of feed between Hamburg, Uetersen and Elmshorn, building materials for the shoreline stabilisation between Bremervörde, Cuxhaven, Glückstadt an the Osterriff (Elbe estuary).
- 1962 enlarging of the hull, used as inland and coastal motor ship until 1979.
- decommissioning and 1982 sold to the couple Brigitte und Karl-Heinz Bölter from Hamburg, restoration to the original appearance until about 1994, re-rigged as a gadd ketch.
- 2003 taken by the association Schippergilde Friedrich e.V. from Leer, GER; rebuilt to sail with people, used for social work and sailing with young teenagers and non-profit purposes.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 136 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Segler in der Zeitenwende"
Chronik der Seefahrt, Verlag Egon Heinemann, Norderstedt 1977 ISBN: 3-87321-946-8
(Biografie der kleinen stählernen Frachtsegelschiffe (1880 - Gegenwart))
Source with picture Source with technical data
(Hauptdaten und Foto im Abschnitt "Dokumentation")