Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Greta HF452"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Yard:||J. Behrens, Finkenwerder, GER|
|Length (hull):||10.50 m|
|Sail area:||75 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 23 Mar 2014
- former fishing-boat for the river Elbe and the tributaries.
- built on the island Finkenwerder of the river Elbe, launched on April 14, 1904.
- first registration in 1912 in Hamburg Finkenwerder, GER under the fishery number HBK 577 and in 1928 number HBK 111, fitted with the first engine during these years, 1947 change of the registration to a sea fishing vessel with the number "HF452", successfully fishing in the river Elbe for a long time.
- decommissioned because of the retrograssion of the returns in 1964, laid up until 1975 in Hamburg Finkenwerder, GER.
- found 1976 laid up and in very poor condition, purchased by the painter Uwe Lütgen, start of the restoration which was going on until 1980.
- since 1995 owned and operated by 3 shiplovers who maintained and sailed her in the Baltic Sea.
- 2006/07 given to the Stiftung Hamburg Maritim.
- managed by the youth project "Jugend in Arbeit Hamburg e.V." a new keel was built and exchange of planks between 2009-2013, 2013 begin of the rebuilding of the interior, fitting with an engine, reconstruction of the rig.
- foundation of an association for her operation as sail training ship for the youth.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(9. aktualisierte Auflage)
Page: 376 Source with history Source with technical data
(kurzer beschreibender Text)
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 29-33 Source with picture Source with history
"Greta von Finkenwerder"
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 130 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Heinz Linde, Willi Luther, Willy Mohr
"Seefischerei - Die Männer und Kutter von Finkenwerder"
Urbes Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-924896-37-2
Page: 113 Source with technical data
(Kurzinformation im Register)
Wilhelm Christian Karl Stammer
"HF - Die Finkenwärder Fischereiflotte"
Books on Demand, Hamburg 2002 ISBN: 3-8311-2927-4
(2. Überarbeitete und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 168 Source with history Source with technical data