Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Jankea"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Theresia, Gertrud, Zwei Gebrüder|
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||Tjalk|
|Yard:||J. Wortelboer, Oude Pekela, Groningen/NL|
|Overall length:||16.78 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||3 Zyl. Deutz Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 24 Jul 2013
- built 1908 at the Dutch shipyard J. Wortelboer in Oude Pekela/ Groningen as a tjalk for inland waters, used as cargo ship in the East-Frisian area under the name "Theresia" until 1918 she transported peat without an engine.
- 1918 change of the owner, moved to Moslefehn, GER and new name "Gertrud", later under the name "Zwei Gebrüder", 1924 named as "Jankea" after the wife of the owner Andreas Schoon.
- 1933 sold to Diedrich Harde and Wolfgang Strecker, from Bardenfleth, GER; mainly transport of sand.
- 1937 sold to Otto Humpe, Warfleth, GER.
- 1940 purchased by Karl Ellinghusen, Weserdeich, GER; berthed at the Juliusplate on the river Weser; transport of bushes, sand and cinder as building material until 1976, remove of the rigging and installation of an engine.
- 1976 decommissioned, sevaral changes of the owner, owner Karl Spoede from Elsfleth used her as pier for other ships, Franz-Josef Rössig from Hannöver/Berne planed to convert her into a house boat, she suffered from bad maintainance in these years.
- she was a wreck when she was purchased by ship lover Klaus Prasse from Bremerhaven in 1980, who wanted to restore the ship, first part of restoration finished in 1982, indoor equipment until 1984.
- member of the "Schiffergilde Bremerhaven", sails weekend and holiday trips.
- after change of the owner moved to Leer, converted into a tjalk yacht in The Netherlands about 2001-2003.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 118 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die schönsten Traditionssegler in Deutschland"
Verlag Rolf Kelling-Eischeid, Kiel 1987 ISBN: 3-924381-12-7
Page: 43 Source with picture Source with history
(kurzer beschreibender Text)