Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Platessa"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Platessa von Esbjerg|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||Jensen, Esbjerg, DK|
|Overall length:||25.00 m|
|Length (hull):||19.45 m|
|Sail area:||230 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 1999
- made of oak at the Jensen shipyard in Esbjerg/Denmark in 1935
- used as fishing boat in the North Sea, registered under the number E379 in Esbjerg
- layed up from time to time in Denmark, changing owners, in bad condition, sank, salvaged and laid up
- transmitted to Hamburg by a new owner
- 1988 new discovered and restored in Arnis on the river Schlei/Germany, restoration took 7 years
- the name "Platessa" means "Golden Flounder"
- 1995 purchased by the non-profit organization "Lebensgemeinschaft Eiderdrift" e.V. and given to them in Esbjerg
- engagement in the area of social-educational sailing and living aid for many people
Contact:Website (deutsch, 19 Aug 2022):
Platessa von Esbjerg: the ship and aims of the operator, sailing schedules and photo gallery, how to become a member and contact info
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 162 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Haikutter "Platessa von Esbjerg""
Arne Koslowski (Hrsg.)
"traditions - Geschichten aus dem Meer erzählt von Skippern traditioneller Schiffe"
KardesH-Verlag 2005 ISBN: 3-938314-01-X
Page: 18,134 Source with picture Source with technical data
(Erzählung von Ewald Huß)