Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Frieda von Hadersleben"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Frieda von Hadersleben|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter|
|Overall length:||20.00 m|
|Length (hull):||14.00 m|
|Sail area:||130 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. Hanomag Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 1999
- built in 1918 at the shipyard Svendsen in Holbæk as fishing- boat under the name "Ancher" for Danish owners, used as fishing-boat in the Kattagat starting from Skagen until 1962
- 1962 sold to Hals/Danmark, new name "Capri"
- 1971 sold again, used as fishing boat until 1973, following sold to Germany
- strongly destroyed caused by a tidal wave, stranded near the river Stör, a tributary of the river Elbe (Germany)
- 1976 bought by Rainer Ullrich from Hamburg, renamed to "Frieda von Hadersleben", name of a related person, start of the restoring with high amount of selfmade work, several short residences at a shipyard
- in 1979 the restoration of the vessel was finished
- since 1981 she has been in the museums port of Flensburg/Germany
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 13 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 110 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Frieda von Hadersleben"
"Die schönsten Traditionssegler in Deutschland"
Verlag Rolf Kelling-Eischeid, Kiel 1987 ISBN: 3-924381-12-7
Page: 26 Source with picture Source with history
(kurzer beschreibender Text)