Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Die Zwillinge"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Die Zwillinge von Kappeln|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Danske Jagt (Dänische Jagt)|
|Yard:||Janssen & Renckhoff, Kappeln, GER|
|Overall length:||21.80 m|
|Length (hull):||15.60 m|
|Sail area:||180 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||4 Zyl. Cummins|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 09 Jul 2017
- replica of a Danske Jagt, a Danish pilot boat, which was built in Kappeln on the river Schlei in 1820, designed after a modell in the Altonaer Museum in Hamburg.
- the building was planed by the office Judel/Vrolijk, built at the shipyard Janssen and Renckhoff in Kappeln/GER, launched in autumn 1995, completion of the interior was done by the Poeler Bootsbau GmbH/GER.
- she changed the owner even before her maiden voyage in 1997, first voyage from Lübeck to Göteborg via Göta channel an back in 1998
- often participats the Rum-Regatta in Flensburg, usually sails the Baltic along the German or Danish coastlines.
- Atlantic voyage in 2007/2008.
- since 2009 owned and operated by the association Jugendsegeln e.V. from Kiel, new homeport became Kiel, GER.
- since 2013 the association "Hanseatischer Lotsenkutter Die Zwillinge" gGmbH became the new operator and base port was changed to Lübeck, GER.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 16 May 2021):
Die Zwillinge: photos, technical specification, contact address of the owner/operator in Lübeck
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 69 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data