Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ingorata"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Schlichting, Travemünde, GER|
|Overall length:||21.72 m|
|Length (hull):||17.94 m|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Komposit / Composite|
|Engine:||Mercedes OM 352|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Nov 2000
- shipdesign by the constructor Dr. Max Oertz
- name is derived from the old Germanic Terms "in" - the north, "go" - be born, "ra" - the sun, "ta" - there, "There, where the sun is born in the north"
- used as training ship for the Deutscher Hochseeverband "Hansa" e.V. Hamburg until 1998
- took part in the "Hiorten Race" from Karlskrona to Rostock in 1999 (winner of her class) and the Hanse Sail 1999
- today a group of owners operates the ship, privately used and often used for chartering, chartering is for the preservation of the ship
- Nov 1999 - April 2001 general overhaul and reconstruction of the ship, after that she will be certified as a charter boat by the Germanischer Lloyd
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 111 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data