Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Twister"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Overall length:||28.80 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 25 Dec 2014
- built 1902 of wood, in 1957 rebuilt of steel.
- 1957-1981 after modernisation used in the fishing industry, later unused in a habour where she was found by the Dutchman André Hanzens.
- 1998 rebuilt of the sailing fishering vessel to a luxurary sailing boat for passengers with the appearance of a yacht.
- modern rigg and smart hull make the schooner to a fast sailing boat.
- 2013 change of the owner.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch/English, 25 Dec 2014):
Schooner Twister: basic history and photo
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 187 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data