Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Friesland"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Minna, Frieda, Mimi, Eden, Germania|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Besanewer|
|Yard:||D.W. Kremer & Sohn, Elmshorn, GER|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Length (hull):||18.60 m|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Jastram Diesel KRG|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Dec 2021
- oldest existing sailing-barge (Sea-Ewer) with round stern, first used under the name "Minna", trading area was the river Elbe and the Northsea (frisian islands).
- after several changes of the owner used under the name "Frieda" in Wischhafen, GER since the 1920s.
- 1926 equipped with an engine, until the 1950s uses as a cargo vessel, after that used as floating repairship and toolshop under the name "Mimi" in Hamburg, GER.
- 1973 sold and restored, replace of the wodden hull by a steel hull, replace of the engine, rename to "Eden".
- 1983 replace of the sideboards by a keel.
- 1992 renamed to "Germania".
- took part in sailing festivals, i.e. Hanse Sail Rostock 1998, 1999.
- 2002 change of the owner, registered in Emden, GER; renamed the "Friesland", member of the museum habour Carolienensiel.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 90 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data