Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Sirius"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Kriegsfischereikutter (KFK)|
|Overall length:||26.50 m|
|Sail area:||259 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Deutz F12M 716 V|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 10 Jan 2011
- built as a fishing vessel in Simrishamn in 1946 and used until the end of the nineteen seventies for fishing
- after decommissioning she was bought and restored by a carpenter from Hamburg. Her restoration involved the use of 20 square metres of Kabala-Teak (an African hardwood), around 600 square metres of insulating material and more than one kilometre of electrical cable. The upper sections and deck planks were refitted and the former fish-hold was converted for use as a meeting room and social area.
- since 1987 she sails the Baltic and North Sea with guests
- the ship was later resold to a new owner, the Jensen company in Lbeck in 1996. This group then gave the ship's rigging and safety and navigation equippment a general overhaul.
- she now sails with approximately 25 passengers along the Danish East coast and in South Danish waters, participates in sailing events in Kiel, Lübeck and Rostock and is often used as a maritime press centre and auxiliary ship during regattas.
- 2010/11 taken over by a new owner from Germany.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 167 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data