Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Belle Amie"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Wilhelmina Klein, Maria Catharina, Helga, Prins Axel|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Logger|
|Yard:||Van der Windt, Vlaardingen, NL|
|Overall length:||38.00 m|
|Length (hull):||27.00 m|
|Sail area:||380 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 May 2022
- built in 1915 at the Van der Windt shipyard in Vlaardingen/NL as a fishing ship, first name was "Wilhelmina Klein", registration in IJmuiden/NL under number IJM240.
- 1917 sale and registration in Katwijk to Zee/NL under number KW70, new name "Maria Catharina".
- 1927 sold to Hamburg/GER to Heinrich Wilhelm Ritscher, equipped with a ship's engine.
- a little later sold to Sweden and renamed "Helga".
- 1934 takeover by Emilius Henriksson, relocation to Gothenburg/SWE, renamed "Prins Axel", equipped with a new engine (79 hp), from then on used as a cargo ship on the Swedish east coast and to Danish port cities.
- 1968 change of ownership, renaming "Belle Amie", conversion to a charter and training ship and for rides with passengers.
- from 1974 owned by the municipality of Danderyd in Stockholm/SWE, used as a training ship by a Swedish Maritime School.
- change of ownership, registered in GlÃ¼ckstadt/GER since 2019.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 01 May 2022):
Logger Belle Amie: sailing offers, information about the ship with history and data, contakt
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 48 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 62 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact