Ship profile for the sailing ship: "La Boudeuse"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Mari, Sudersand, Grimsö, Elsa, Vida|
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Figge. Vlaardingen, NL|
|Overall length:||42.36 m|
|Length (hull):||34.07 m|
|Sail area:||660 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Eisen / Iron|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 May 2021
- built in at the Vigge shipyard in Vlardingen, Holland in 1916.
- fished as hering logger under the Dutch flag in the North Sea for several years and was sold to Karlskrona in 1931.
- increasingly powerful motors were installed and the rigging was reduced accordingly then.
- a new middle section was added to the ship in 1942, lenghtened by 4.2m, her rigging was fully removed. The ship subsequently operated as a motor vessel in the Baltic Sea.
- because freight for smaller ships decreased rapidly in the mid 1970s, enthusiasts came up with the idea of rebuilding the ship as a sailing ship.
- she sailed around the world with paying guests between 1987 and 1992.
- sold to the French "Esprit de Bougainville" team headed by Patrice Franceschi, the chairman of the French Explorers' Club in 2003.
- 2004-2007 circumnavigation of the globe within 8 parts of expeditions about "peuples de leau" (Water People).
- 2009 begin of a research and presentation voyage "Terre - Océan" to South America, topic of this voyage are environment, biodiversity, sustainable development, climate change up to cultural dialogue, caused by lack of money the expedition was canceled in 2010.
- Operation Objectif Paris 2015, platform for public events with discussions about the environment and ecological topics, againt poorness and meetings with the youth.
- 2017 handover of the ship by Patrice Franceschi to Bruno Ledoux (ACTED, French NGO for international solidarity) in order to gain new energy for the joint work to research important environmental, climate, social and human issues.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (français, 02 May 2021):
La Boudeuse au tour du monde: trips and stories of the explorer Patrice Franceschi and his engagement for environment and humanism
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Sail to Adventure"
ISBN: 0 948337 05 2
Page: 151 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 336 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 192 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data