Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Spökenkieker"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Krabbenkutter, Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Dawartz Werft, Tönning, GER|
|Overall length:||15.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.00 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Aug 2001
- built at the shipyard Dawartz in Tönning on the river Eider of oak for Captain Fritz Lorenzen from Husum in 1935, first name "Martha", launched in April 1935, rigged as a cutter and fitted with a 28hp auxiliary engine, this engine was replaced by a 50hp Modak motor later
- used for catching crabs, homeported in Husum (number HUS 12)
- in WW II used in the English channel as a outpost boat, return to Germany in 1941
- 1971 purchase by Captain Mommensen from Husum to fish crabs and fish in the North Sea, some repair and rebuilding work, as the replacement of the wooden mast by a mast of steel, new engine (100hp Deutz diesel)
- 1976 decommissioned, conversion to a sport and leisure boat, demolition of the rudder house, installation of berth, mass and pantry, reduction of the sailing area and use under engine power, renamed the "Freia"
- 1988 given to new owners from Hamburg, used as a diving base ship in the North Sea and Baltic Sea
- 1994 new owner Eigner from Wismar, renamed the "Spökenkieker", change of the homeport to Wismar, restoring and further rebuilding work, set-up of a new gaff ketch rig, privately and sometimes commercially used
- 2001 bought by ship friend Konrad Harbeck from Rostock, new homeport became Rostock, she lies in the museum port here
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 174 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data