Ship profile for the sailing ship: "J.R.Tolkien"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Edgar-André-Werft, Magdeburg, GDR/(GER)|
|Overall length:||41.70 m|
|Length (hull):||36.00 m|
|Sail area:||628 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jan 2002
- former tug belonging to the Bagger-, Bugsier- and Bergungsreederei, Rostock.
- built at the "Elbe" shipyard in Magdeburg/Germany in 1964.
- taken out of service, towed to Amsterdam and intended for scrapping
- in December 1995 bought by the Dutch ship-owning couple Jaap and Anna van der Rest, they converted the ship themselves and rigged it out as a topsail schooner.
- visited the port of Rostock in 1998 and achieved considerable respect when taking part in the Sail, second in the schooner race at Warnemünde.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch/English, 11 Apr 2021):
J.R.Tolkien: basic information about the ship at the charter website, many photos, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 254 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 113 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data