Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Maranatha"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||BRIGANTINE|
|Overall length:||34.16 m|
|Length (hull):||27.00 m|
|Sail area:||604 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- this schooner brig with its green rigging presents a very interesting contrast to other sailing ships with their mostly white or brown sails.
- this unique sailing ship was created and built by the Grebe family with a large amount of work (approximately 40,000 hours). It set off on a round the world tour in 1991 and visited harbours and ports in Europe, Africa and the Caribbean
- the schooner brig is now managed by the "Restoration of traditional ships" association
- her comfortable interior and well-equipped rooms with oak, mahogany and teak fittings guarantee fun and adventure for 30 people. 135 metres of space are available for games and sport on day and week-long trips
- the crew offers passengers an attractive and active daily routine involving setting sails, steering the ship or navigating
- this schooner brig has shown its worth as a fast sailing ship in many regattas e.g. the Tall Ships race at Warnemnde in 1998, where she won first place with the barkentine "Mary-Anne"
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 131 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data