Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Krik Vig"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||N.P. Jensen's Skibs & Badebyggeri, Esbjerg, DK|
|Overall length:||31.80 m|
|Length (hull):||23.80 m|
|Sail area:||300 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. Cummins|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Apr 2021
- launched as a fish cutter in Esbjerg in 1957, registered with the fishing number E311 as sailing fishing ship with auxiliary engine in Esbjerg, DK.
- 1975 sold to Leif Sondergaard from Esbjerg, registered with the name "Lindos" and fishing number E306.
- lengthening of the hull by 5 metre.
- 1979 decomissioned and sold to Agger, DK (bay of Krik Vig).
- several changes of owner and homeport but without use during the following 9 years.
- 1988 purchased by Rudolf Martens in Svendborg, DK and towed to Lübeck, GER for restoration.
- refitted by experienced boat builders from the "Peenewerft" yard in Wolgast in 1990, newly rigged and re-planked, fitted with a new engine.
- after extensive interior work in Lübeck until July 1992 she sailed again under wind-power.
- offers accomodation and facilities to about 25 people, used as a private ship for recreation.
- the vessel and her crew are often present at the big sailing events in the Batic Sea such as the Travemünder and Kieler Woche and the Hanse Sail Rostock, Rumregatta Flensburg.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 22 Feb 2003):
Sailing vessel Krik Vig: history, data, photos, contacts
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 119 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data