Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Concordia"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Galiot|
|Overall length:||17.50 m|
|Sail area:||107 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Oct 1998
- this ship originated from the wreck of a Pomeranian timber cutter near Dnholm/Stralsund formerly called the "Elephant".
- privately restored to her original state from 1973-85 on the basis of historical details from previous centuries, her interior is rustic and spartan; she is now the flag-ship of the port museum in Rostock.
- has taken part in all the important regattas in the North and Baltic Seas since 1991
- took part in the 1992 Grand Columbus Regatta in New York (crossing by means of pick-a-back on board a freighter) and in the Hanse Sail Rostock from 1991-98
- she also sailed successfully in the 2nd Karlskrona- Rostock Hiorten Race in 1998
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 65 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data