Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Timpe Te"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Yard:||Husumer Schiffswerft, GER|
|Overall length:||9.50 m|
|Length (hull):||7.00 m|
|Sail area:||45 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 08 Mar 2022
- built 1946-48 at the Husum shipyard/GER, wedding gift to the daughter of the shipyard owner, hull shape and construction according to the fishing vessels of the German Baltic Sea coast, cast-iron keel should give more stability.
- used in the North Sea, at times as a teacher's service boat on the Halligen/GER.
- after change of ownership and relocation to Borsfleth/GER change of rigging from a Bermuda rig in a gaff cutter.
- used in the 1980s for the film series "The Mystery of the Sandbank" (1985), in the film under the name "Dulcibella".
- then owned by the restorer Reiner Boje for a long time, but he did not use the ship.
- 2017 taken over by new owner from Flensburg, restoration of the boat by young people, then sailing trips with young people in their free time.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 08 Mar 2022):
Timpe Te: website of the owner about the ship, main technical data, some history, photos, contact