Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Windsbraut"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Frachtewer|
|Yard:||D. Ropers, Stade, GER|
|Overall length:||27.00 m|
|Length (hull):||19.80 m|
|Sail area:||160 m2|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. KHD|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Nov 2007
- 1911 built at the shipyard of D. Ropers in Stade, GER ion order of J. Elfers from Wischhafen, GER as the barge "Windsbraut", used as freighter on the river Elbe and tributaries as well on the tidelands.
- after fitted with an engine removal of the rigging and used as motor ship, fitted with a wheel house.
- 1947 sold to Kiel/Laboe, GER, used by scrap metal fishers.
- 1954 sold and used for stone fishing in the bay of Kiel and in Sweden.
- taken over by a shipyard of Kiel and used as lighter, decline of the ship, which was no longer maintained.
- purchased by the association "Bildungsschiff Niederelbe" from Stade, GER, which also operate the ship "Anna-Lisa".
- 1990 begin of the restore by unemployed youth and honorary helpers.
- 1991 foundation of the association "Windsbraut" e.V. - association for ecological thinking, teaching and act which operates the ship since 1992 as swimming educational institution on the river Elbe and the tidelands of the German North Sea region plattform for ecological educational work in the region, mainly with youth.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 13 Oct 2007):
Windsbraut: educational concept of the operator, photos, history, specification, contact address